Friday, January 18, 2008

Sunshine Blessed Sunshine!

I just have to praise the Lord for an easier day today. Yesterday's emotional upheaval was extremely difficult. I didn't get to bed until 1:30a.m. But when I did fall asleep I slept well. This morning things got off to a decent enough start, despite the fact most of us overslept a bit (except dh who was off and running as usual.).

My good friend Lori came over with her granddaughter and brought lunch with them. We had a wonderful visit, which is usual for us. After that I cracked the homeschooling whip and while naps were going on the scholars worked and I did some cross stitch, and caught up reading some snail mail and administered their spelling quizzes, and then after a while shoo'd them all out (except Jerusha who was still napping) to get some fresh air. The five that were outside had on snow suits, mittens, hats, snow boots... and were riding their bikes. The yard is part snow, part grass, and part mud.

My heart is still heavy over Aaron, but I found I could cope with everyday life today with much more grace and confidence than yesterday. I am sure I will have many many more hard days, but it is like a breath of fresh air to have days like today where the New Normal is starting to not feel so strange anymore.

Now.. I need to go check on my eldest as he didn't finish his schoolwork before supper....

No comments: