Friday, January 4, 2008

Just had to do a quickie post

I wasn't going to do a post right now, but after reading the new comments since the last time I checked I had to say what an encouragement you all have been. I can't get tired of saying it... I very much appreciate the hugs and prayers, albeit from a distance.

Melissa, I am such a dork with tecno-anything that I don't know what a RSS is. Still figuring out the blogging thing as I go. I also appreciated what you said about grief coming in waves. I grew up loving the beach and can appreciate the analogy you made.

Today was a better day than yesterday. I had one major boohoo session, and a couple of teary eyed times, but I was able to get up, get dressed, and I even cleaned our room up quite a bit. Hey mom, aren't you proud? I tackled that HUGE pile of laundry that needed to be folded!

I also got the dresser emptied out of the baby's things, and dh will take the little dresser down to the cellar, where we can put it to good use storing games, or linens, or something. Oddly enough, seeing the dresser doesn't bother me, whereas the portacrib he had to take down almost immediately.

It was good also to get online and chat with my mom and sis in law (Hi Mel!) and just chat and joke around a bit. It is nice to know that not every conversation has to be hushed and reverent and about sorrow.

There was more... normalcy? Stability? not sure what to call it. Adjustment. I think that is the word.

I am again amazed at the wide base of support we have and how blessed we are with our friends and family. How can I help but be thankful? The Lord is so good.

No comments: