Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Hunting Dust Bunnies

Dh went back to work this morning and had his interview as planned. He said it went well, and we'll find out in about a week if he got the permanent position. The funny thing is, if he doesn't, then he will be training the guy that did, to be his boss, and tell dh how to do his job. Could that be a little more confusing?

Meanwhile, back on the ranch, we were cleaning. I mean, hoe out, throw out, organize, declutter, type of cleaning. We hunted down and slaughtered I don't know how many dust bunnies. Some of them were quite impressive too, and should have been hung on the wall, but we decided to forgo that genre of decor.

Some things we did:
- cleaned out from under all the kids beds
- cleaned out from under all dressers
- cleaned out from under all bookcases
- sorted, organized bathroom closet
- sorted, organized bathroom shelves
- scrubbed down the bathroom
- cleaned and organized entranceway closet and bookcase
- organized shelf in my room
- decluttered and organized bookcases in living room
- laundry
- folding
- dusted all rooms
- vacuumed all carpets

I also cooked for the first time in almost three weeks. ( whew... didn't know if I would remember how).

The weather was very spring like so after a short nap in the afternoon I went for a short walk before supper.

What I forgot was to mop the kitchen and bathroom floors. I had tentative plans to start school up again today, but it wasn't happening. Maybe tomorrow... maybe not. Whatever works.

There was more normalcy to today's schedule, but intermixed with the busyness was still the heavyheartedness in grieving. But I have to say, that today was much better than yesterday. Dh did come home at lunch hour. Maybe we can make it a full day tomorrow. We'll see.

I got the recipe for a good postpartum tea that helps with the baby blues. I will have to get the herbs for it, or have dh pick them up in town. I think that will help a bit with the hormones that seem to be totally unbalanced and all over the place.

No comments: