Monday, December 15, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook December 15th



Outside my window... It is warm, and springy feeling and everything is melty and muddy.

I am thinking... how good God is to us, and so thankful for all He has done in our lives. Also thankful that He continues to work in our hearts.

I am thankful for...my sweet dh, and my children, and the many sources of encouragement the Lord sends our way.

From the learning rooms... We are finishing up our first lapbook project on the Twelve Days of Christmas. The children seem to really enjoy it!

From the kitchen...Leftovers from yesterday's dinner made into a delicious smell casserole in the crock pot.

I am wearing... my broomstick skirt with a matching shirt, slippers.

I am creating... Lord willing, an atmosphere in my home that is joyful, educational, and godly.

I am going... To Barnes and Noble, hopefully, later in the week.

I am reading... in the book of Joshua, and being reminded about being strong and couragous. Also enjoying reading in The Vision of the Valley.

I am hoping... the baby bee will make an appearance this week.

I am hearing... some good Christmas music on Abiding radio, and the rest of the family doing chores and puttering about.

Around the house...today I detail cleaned in the kitchen, did lots of laundry, did some dusting. In a few minutes I will be tuning the violin and finishing up the crib quilt I have been working on.

One of my favorite things... Loading the woodstove. :) Smelling the woodsmoke, knowing we are well provided for with lots of wood this winter.

A few plans for the rest of the week: detail clean the bathroom, finish the flying geese crib quilt, and start a Square in a Square scrappy quilt. Our last day of school is on the 19th for Christmas break, unless the baby arrives first.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

No comments: