Thursday, December 18, 2008

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree!



Finally! I don't know where the time has gone, but usually we have our tree up much earlier than this. Dale and Esther went and cut the tree and brought it home Tuesday evening, and we decorated it. The tree is smallish, so with all of us working on it, it didn't take very long. Though I didn't do my normal "all out" decorating for the season this year, having the tree up and trimmed certainly makes things look very festive!

Wednesday was a normal busy day, with schoolwork, chores, laundry, and church in the evening. Nothing out of the ordinary.. just everyday stuff.

Today has been busy... there seems to be a theme here, doesn't there? We made a double batch of bread, and I made a huge batch of cinnamon rolls, and just threw a big lasagna in the oven for supper. We are having some friends over for fellowship, and I am looking forward to it.

In the midst of all this we finished our Twelve Days of Christmas lap books and other schoolwork. The children tried to get a little extra done so we wouldn't have so much to do tomorrow, which is officially our last day before holiday break. I did a little bit of sewing today, but not much. Just a little while ago the kids helped me to stack some wood.

The weather report says "significant accumulation" for tomorrow, whatever that is. Sounds like enough snow to make the children happy! I plan on doing some organizing for the end of the first semester so when we start up in January everything will be ready, and we will also be making cupcakes and decorating them. In the evening after supper I was thinking it would be fun to do a family movie night. It has been a while since we've done that.

Still waiting on baby, still trying to keep busy and distracted, and trying to be patient but I think I am failing. I am short tempered, antsy, and not much of a mother these days I am afraid. This too shall pass....

No comments: