Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Yarn Along

That time of week again where we focus on reading and knitting, with Ginny!

I'm plugging away at the books I blogged about last week, so I won't bother boring everyone with the same picture. However, a friend of mine loaned me this vintage Poultry book! It's copywrite is 1947, and it has everything about raising chickens on small scale or large scale. How to figure out how to price eggs to sell, what feed is best for what chickens, what breed of chickens are good for which areas of the country, how to build coops (big and small), incubators, and common chicken ailments and how to treat them, how to check eggs, how to butcher and feather a chickent, etc.

Dale and I have been discussing raising chickens for eggs. Right now, practically speaking, it probably isn't going to happen. However it doesn't hurt to do a little research on it!








I finished up past the charted part of the Jewelry Sachet I'm making. Now I have to do up to 15 inches of the body before binding off. Then of course there is blocking, sewing it up, and making the lining. I have until the end of April. I'm fairly confident I'll have this done before the Missions Conference.



Caleb was sick during the night, and seems to be on the mend now. Needless to say, it is a low energy day for me, so knitting is the main thing on my To-Do list.

1 comment:

Kim Sonksen said...

It's looking fabulous!