Sunday, March 18, 2012

It's Done!!!!!




Well, the first draft is done.

You see that button on my side bar to the right, that says "NaNoWriMo Winner 2011" and "NaNoWriMo Winner 2010" ? Remember the little story I started last November? I've been working on it here and there, and that 50K document has evolved into a 320 plus page story. I guess that would be a "book".

I am SO EXCITED! I have always been a writer at heart, and to actually finish a book ( Yeah, I know, first draft, but still!) at this juncture in my life was a real accomplishment for me. I am bursting with joy here!

The next step is to let it rest for a bit. Dale is going to read it over. I have a little notebook that I keep writing down things of note to change, or add in, or take out (Oh gasp, not that!). He'll write down his notes while he is reading. Then I will go through each suggestion or comment he writes and fix what needs to be fixed, run the spell check yet again, the grammar check, and read it over.

Then... what? I don't know. I'd like to publish it, Ebook style. There are several reputable companies that can sell you a package to get you going, so we'll look into that when the time comes.

For me, one book spawns another. Not a sequel, but more ideas pop into my head. I see much more writing in my future.

If no one cares to read my little tale, it is okay. For me, the joy is in the craft. If people read it and are entertained, then that is icing on the cake, so to speak.

And, after all these months of labor over the book, I finally decided on a title. It's about time! I usually have the title almost at the get go on my stories, but this one eluded me until just last week.

I'm off to do more of the Goodie-goodie dance.

:D

1 comment:

Nataly said...

That is SO exciting!! I would read it, for sure! Congratulations Lisa! :)