Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Mission Accomplished!

My first organization project is done! I put the new shelving together, which isn't exactly a hard thing to do. It wasn't like the Yankee Workshop or anything. Besides I'm sure Norm would have used mahogany or something.

Then came the even bigger job of sorting and organizing the toys. Isaac tried to "help" but I ended up going all OCD on him and shoo'd him off so I could get everything exactly just so.

Of course, the very first thing he did was take out some of the bins, the blocks, and start building. I have to say cleaning up for lunch was a snap, and make picking up much easier at the end of the day.

Today I had plans to write in the morning, around school, laundry, etc., then in afternoon to make the toothbrush holder. However, miracle of all miracles, Isaac actually took a nap. He was so tired, I could tell it wouldn't take much to get him down. My general rule is that if he actually takes a nap, then I put my feet up for a bit. It doesn't happen very often, and usually I can work on a project in the afternoon while he plays, but today, I put my feet up, read for a bit, then promptly fell asleep on the couch. I think the best naps are the spontaneous sort ( I mean like voluntary, not passing out in a faint ) when you know there is X,Y,an Z to tend to, but a nice blissful nap happens instead.

I let Isaac sleep for about an hour and a half, then got him up. He was just getting out of that nice warm, fuzzy, snuggly after-sleep mode, when Dale got home. We chatted for a few minutes, and I pieced the outside border for the Just Desserts quilt. I'm hoping to get that on tomorrow, and get the toothbrush holder done. Ambitious, aren't I? Or maybe I'm just delusional.

We had a bit of excitement here. I was sitting at the computer just after lunch, and a big, fat, raccoon lumbered across our yard, and under the neighbor's old shed. It was lurching like a drunken sailor, and had it's back up in a weird way, like a frightened cat. I called the neighbors to give them a heads' up, then I called the sheriff. The thing was obviously rabid. The Sheriff said that they couldn't do anything if it was under any kind of building, but to call back if I could see it. I never did see it. I was leery about letting the kids out to play. Dale took a look around when he got home, and we let the kids out with strict instructions to stay away from the neighbors property and any surrounding bushes, and if they saw the raccoon or any animal they should let us know immediately.

Meanwhile, I went for a bike ride. I rode down to the gym, did strength training, then biked home. It was quite a work out, and one I won't be doing everyday, but it was so nice out I couldn't resist. I actually have sores on my hands from the handle bars. I guess I'm out of bike riding shape! I'm whooped tonight, understandably, and don't expect to be able to move tomorrow, which is why I'm planning so much sewing.

I finished the swatch to the Jewelry sachet I am knitting, and started in on the project last night while Benjamin and Dale were at class. I only got about 6 rows in when I was interrupted by a phone call from a friend. We chatted for a while, then it was time to read to Jerusha before her bedtime. After that, Isaac needed rocking for bed, then Dale and Benjamin were home shortly after that, so my knitting time ended before it really got started it seemed!

It feels like, sounds like, smells like spring here. We are getting our garden plowed this weekend. It is almost time to plant peas already! So much for having any winter. We were totally cheated out of it this year.

Have a wonderful evening!

No comments: