Monday, March 19, 2012
As alluded to in a previous post, I made a new toothbrush holder for the family. It was super easy, and fun to put together. I had it done in a few hours, even with multiple interruptions.
It holds all our toothbrushes, though in the pic a few are absent. Benjamin and Josiah actually have their toothbrushes in the downstairs bathroom because their room is down there, but I made slots for them for when we travel.
I have a double pocket at the top for floss, comb, whatever fits reasonably. As I look at it now, I think i should have done some stitching up the middle of the pocket to stabilize it, but for now it is fine.
I used pigment ink ( used on quilt labels) to write on names on each of the slots.
This system can be rolled up and packed easily for when we go away, and can be thrown in the wash when it gets grungy. And, best of all, it freed up a bunch of clutter in my cabinet over the bathroom sink.