Monday, March 1, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook



For Today, March 1st.... (Wow, I can't believe it is March already!)

Outside my window... Snow, glorious SNOW!

I am thinking... about the devotional book My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers, and how he cuts right to the core of a matter past all ego,psychological garbage, and false humility in our thought patterns.

I am thankful for... some REAL winter weather... lots of snow here. I've been waiting for this all season!

From the learning rooms... More of the same. We are working on the "three R's" plus a unit study on Horses, and a lap book study on the Olympics. We ended up starting late because of that week of sickness, but oh well... we are pressing onward!

From the kitchen... taking stock of cupboard inventory and making a list and checking it twice for grocery shopping.

I am wearing... black denim skirt, leggings, white turtleneck, and red cable knit hoodie.

I am creating... slip on blouses for all us gals, and knitting wool soakers for Isaac.

I am going... shopping later, and possibly to JoAnn's at some point this week to get batting.

I am reading... Jack and Jill by Louisa May Alcott on DailyLit (am I EVER going to finish this???) and John Adams by David McCullough. It is slow going, not because it isn't interesting, but because my reading time right now is so limited!

I am hoping... that two of my children who bicker over every little thing with each other will learn to get along.

I am hearing... the happy hum of the washer, and some general soft chatting from the children here and there.

Around the house... nothing exciting except that Dale is still home on layoff. At the very least I need to do some organizational tasks for school this week, and make up the menu and shopping list, and do some laundry.

One of my favorite things...laying down with Isaac and watching him lose the battle to fight off sleep.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Sewing 9what else?) some knitting, school,and possible a trip up north to see my MIL, SIL and family Friday, weather permitting.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

Nothing like a feeling of a finished project!

No comments: