Monday, May 3, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY May 3rd.... How can it be May already???

Outside my window... after a few days of very unseasonably warm (HOT) and humid days, it is gray, rainy, damp, but at least cooler.

I am thinking... of what I can have the children do this long day of being indoors.

I am thankful for... a child's creative mind.

From the learning rooms... book reports being worked on, and just a few little odds and ends. I'll be sorry to see this term come to an end, but the kids and I all need a little break from formal schooling.

From the kitchen... bread making, ham thawing, and soaking beans to cook to put in the freezer.

I am wearing... chocolate colored tiered skirt, and earthy tone green shirt.

I am going... to get some pea seeds planted this week.. I hope!

I am reading... An Old fashioned Girl by Louisa May Alcott.

I am hoping... to get a lot of sewing done today.

I am hearing... the happy hum of the washer, and the gentle noises of chores being done.

Around the house... so much I want to do, sewing is taking priority today. I am doing the menu and shopping lists first though.

One of my favorite things... feeling the cool night air come in the window of a long, hot and busy day, and hearing the peepers peeping.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Sewing (big surprise), planting peas and hopefully potatoes.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...




Guidelines for the Simple Woman's Daybook can be found here: http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments: