Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook



A day late but here it is~

FOR TODAY, May 25th....

Outside my window... clear blue skies, lots of sunshine... it's going to be HOT today and tomorrow for sure!

I am thinking... it is going to be time to set up our pool soon. Woohoo!

I am thankful for... cool nights.

From the learning rooms... I still have some reports to hand in, but we are done for now.

From the kitchen... bread baking and maybe some cookie making... we'll see.

I am wearing... green t-shirt, mutli colored broomstick skirt.

I am creating... the quilt for Benjamin, and simple A-line play dresses for the girls.

I am going... to visit a lady tonight who lives up the road from us. She has a terrible rash and has been bedridden because of it for a few days.

I am reading... "An Old Fashioned Girl" by Louisa May Alcott

I am hoping... to be able to get my swirling thought in order. Lots to do this week before the birthday bash on Saturday!

I am hearing... the workers over at church replacing the basement windows.

Around the house... picking up, laundry, the usual. Plus I am working on tacking the binding down on Benjamin's quilt. This is going to take a few days! Need to finish up the memorial garden as well.

One of my favorite things... Sitting in the evening on the swing, snuggled up with a kid or two, or three, reading and drinking tea. So peaceful!

A few plans for the rest of the week: Finishing up Benjamin's quilt, wrapping presents, getting the house in order, and the memorial garden planted and the lawns mowed. Looking forward to my mom coming on Thursday!
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

Just when you think you are almost done stacking wood from last year, this gets delivered....





For quidelines to participate in the Simple Woman's Daybook go to: http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments: