SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Secret project update!!!!
I'm really excited about how the top turned out for this quilt! It is approx 53" by 75".
You can see, after the twins and I discussed the issue, we decided to go with both green and blue, the green being narrow because when you look at a photo of the earth there is tons more blue than green.
As I was considering what to do about the back, I realized I could peice the back using leftovers from the project, but there were a few calculations to do first.
I cut all the binding peices, then cut out for the window treatment and set them aside. I then cut out for his pillowcase and decided to just go ahead and sew that this morning. I used this tutorial for it. It went together in about an hour! I think it came out very nicely, if I do say so myself!
Next I will do up his simple little window treatment, then I'll know for sure what I have left to piece back. As for the quilting, I was going to do a stipple, but decided to just do a stitch in the ditch with a little outline quilting in the borders. Those NASA pics are too good to have any quilting lines over them!