Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY, January 25th (yeah, I'm posting this from yesterday!)

Outside my window... RAIN and very warm temperatures (in the 50's!). On the watch for flooding in the church basement.

I am thinking... I wish all this rain were snow and then we could say we actually had a real snowfall!

I am thankful for... the fact it is January, and that there is still plenty of time for winter. :)

I am wearing... Jean skirt, pink t-shirt

I am remembering... to take it one thing at a time today.

I am going... nowhere that I know of this week. Of course, that is always subject to change!

I am currently reading... John Adams by David McCullough

I am hoping... to finish my "Just Because" quilt top this week so I can prep it for quilting next week.

On my mind... The many organizational tasks I need to do this morning.

Noticing that... I am extremely tired and fatigued today.

From the Learning Rooms... Morocco lap books in the making, unit study on Horses, and continuing in our reading of Beric the Briton, some online background reading, and a lap book on Ancient Rome; typing later this week, and all the three "R"'s.

Pondering these words... "The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters." (Psalm 29:3)

From the kitchen... a HUGE pot of homemade turkey noodle soup simmering.

Around the house... Laundry, general picking up, laundry, getting the menu planned, laundry, doing up the shopping lists, laundry, planning the weekly logs for school... oh, did I mention laundry???

One of my favorite things... Bedtime.

A picture I am sharing...



For instructions and guidelines to participate in the Simple Woman's Daybook, go to Peggy's blog.

No comments: