Monday, January 4, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY January 4th....

Outside my window... cold with a little bit of sun, and a light fluffy snow.

I am thinking... Time with dh home is always way too short! He had to go back to work today. Too bad they don't pay him for just staying home to snuggle up with his wife!

I am thankful for... Our woodstove, a wonderful holiday, and having had dh home for a week. I am SO spoiled!

I am wearing... Pj's, warm LLBean bathrobe, and new slippers!

I am remembering... that I am supposed to start exercising again today. *snorts*

I am going... To Barnes and Noble later this week.

I am currently reading... Babylon Rising, by Tim LaHaye.

I am hoping... To get more sleep tonight than I did last night.

On my mind... Trying to get back into a routine of sorts, and hoping the various stages of coughs and colds here resolve quickly.

Noticing that... Mattan (the cat) likes to watch the snow falling out the big living room window.

Pondering these words... "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." (Ephesians 2:10)

From the kitchen... Oatmeal for breakfast, and I will be setting up the crock pot shortly for supper. We are having italian bean casserole.

Around the house... Some general picking up to do, some organizing, some laundry... the usual!

From the learning rooms... I am doing up quarterly reports, and getting the first semester portfolio's organized, and starting to figure out the next unit study to kick off the second semester. We won't resume lessons today, but hopefully enough will get done so we can do some of the basics tomorrow.

One of my favorite things... Smelling and kissing the back of Isaac's head.

A picture I am sharing...



To participate in the Simple Woman's Daybook, please visit Peggy's blog, The Simple Woman, for guidelines.

No comments: