Monday, January 11, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook




FOR TODAY January 11th....

Outside my window... Another below zero temperature this morning. Everything is crystal and white, and it is beautiful. Most people complain, but frankly, I've been waiting for this weather since July. It's winter!!!!

I am thinking... about the many ideas I have in my head right now. Too many! I need to just pick one or two, well, maybe three, and concentrate on it!

I am thankful for... My wonderful, understanding, and tolerant best friend, who just happens to be my husband.

I am wearing... Red turtleneck with little blue flowers, navy blue corduroy jumper, and leggings. Ha! Got dressed before I did this for a change!

I am remembering... that Jerusha's birthday will be on the 23rd and I need to finish making her gift.

I am going... No where this week except to church. Maybe to Barnes and Noble. We didn't go the other week because of the weather and the children would love to make a trip and spend some of their Christmas money, I am sure!

I am currently reading... John Adams by David McCullough. EXCELLENT! I highly recommend any of his books. Make the time to read them. Seriously.

I am hoping... To get thru the trimming and squaring of those 87 million half square triangle units in the next couple of days.

On my mind... Standards and the lack or change of them and our attitudes about it. It concerns me when Christians standards change because of convenience and then it is dismissed as "liberty in Christ".

Noticing that... I am the only one around here that is appreciating the gorgeous winter weather.

Pondering these words... "The government is like an infant. It has an insatiable appetite at one end, and no sense of responsibility at the other." ~ Ronald Reagan

From the kitchen... I am soaking the drip pans from the stove burners and will be washing them soon, and detail cleaning the stove top.

I am creating... quilts, and more quilts on the drawing board.

I am praying... for several people in our area that have major health problems and were hospitalized last week.

Around the house... Organizing the menu and shopping list for this week, and getting a unit study on Horses ready to go this morning. Long term goals this spring/summer is to get more decluttering and organizing done.

One of my favorite things... Gazing at Isaac after he has fallen asleep on my lap. I marvel at a baby's sense of peace and contentment.

A picture thought....



For guideline for joining the the Simple Woman's Daybook, visit Peggy's blog.

No comments: