Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Just.... "Stuff"

I trust everyone had a nice Thanksgiving! Our Thanksgiving was made extra special with the homecoming of our oldest son from Florida, and of course, Grandma and Grandpa were here as well!

We started a new tradition this year. The kids made a barren tree out of brown paper, then we cut out leaf shapes from construction paper. Before we had our meal on Thanksgiving, everyone got to pick a few leaves from a little basket, and we each wrote something we were thankful for on each leaf. We then read them out loud. While the turkey was being carved and the last minute meal hustle was going on, the twins taped the leaves to the barren tree. It was a lot of fun, and everyone agreed we should do it every year.

Here is the barren tree:



Plus a basket of leaves...



Equals our Thanksgiving Tree!



Dale had bought me some cut flowers so I wanted to set the table so it would look nice with the flowers



Instead of a traditional autumn colored table setting, I went with this:



A sample of one of the place settings (they weren't all exactly the same.. it was kind of an eclectic type of display):



I know usually the Turkey is the star of the show on Thanksgiving, but I was pleased beyond that when my lemon meringue pies came out well for a change! Usually I have trouble with the meringue, but found the secret is to make sure the egg whites are room temperature before foaming them up. We also had apple and squash pie.



One thing Grandpa and Grandma can't complain of is a lack of love around here.







The problem is that when it is time for them to leave they may encounter a little resistance.



Esther was helpful in helping with the baby during some busy times.



And just in case there wasn't enough to eat already... is this enough popcorn for you?



Since last week I have been sewing and knitting. I finished those pesky blouses I have been trying to get done for a few weeks! I will take a pic and post it when we wear the jumpers and blouses next. I have also been working on some Christmas projects that I can't post here now. :P

Blessings!

No comments: