Monday, November 30, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY November 30...

Outside my window... It is very gray and rainy and in the upper 30's.

I am thinking... "Wow! I haven't blogged in a week!"

I am thankful for... The coziness of the woodstove, although it is a little "too" cozy right now! LOL

From the learning rooms... Starting a Christmas lap book today with a little study of the history and science of pointsettias, and starting practicing piano/flute/violin/guitar Christmas hymns for music.

From the kitchen... Nothing interesting just now but menu planning and cleaning up being done.

I am wearing... my pj's and bathrobe. I'm going to start skipping this entry if Isaac doesn't stop sleeping in Monday mornings! LOL

I am creating... that wonderful mood for this time of year... Christmas time!

I am going... to be sewing and knitting like a mad fool until Christmas so don't expect to see much of me! That and a trip to the Library to get out a few books for school and return an overdue book (oops!)

I am reading... Book of Exodus, and Jack and Jill by Louisa May Alcott (still! Ugh!)

I am hoping... to be a good steward of my time this week!

I am hearing... Josiah sweeping in the kitchen and all the other children are dispersed hither, thither and yon, so it is quiet here in the living room at the moment.

Around the house... General picking up, laundry, schoolwork, etc.

One of my favorite things... Putting wood in the wood stove. Seriously. It's like an addiction to me.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Decorate the house and church for the holidays, and hopefully seeing a friend over the weekend whom I haven't seen in a long time!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...



For guidelines to participate in the Simple Woman's Daybook go to: http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

Have a blessed day!

No comments: