Monday, November 23, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY November 23rd....

Outside my window... It is very "Novemberish" looking. Gray skies, leaves fallen leaving barren, brown, dead looking branches, and a definite chill in the air!

I am thinking... I need more time before Christmas!

I am thankful for... Restful Sunday afternoons.

From the learning rooms... The usual today... plus a new science unit study.

From the kitchen... There is squash baking in the oven, whole wheat bread and dinner rolls dough raising. As in many households, it will be a busy week in the kitchen!

I am wearing... Autumn colored broom skirt, matching sage t-shirt, and my fall apron.

I am creating... A little bit of everything! LOL

I am going... No where this week except a Fibers of Faith meeting tonight, but went to a FABULOUS quilt show over the weekend!

I am reading... Exodus, and "Jack and Jill" by Louisa May Alcott

I am hoping... not to be overwhelmed by my to do list today! LOL

I am praying... for a family in our church that just found out one of their sons has an inoperable brain tumor, and for a nasty issue regarding the little town cemetery to be resolved quickly.

I am hearing... Isaac chattering, the washer and dryer running, and the general hubbub of a busy household.

Around the house... Getting ready for Thanksgiving and time for family!

One of my favorite things... Napping with Isaac, all snuggled up.

Words to think about... "Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God." 1 Cor. 10:31
"Beware of allowing yourself to think that the shallow concerns of life are not ordained of God; they are as much of God as the profound. It is not your devotion to God that makes you refuse to be shallow, but your wish to impress other people with the fact that you are not shallow, which is a sure sign that you are a spiritual prig." ~ Oswald Chambers (Don't you just love how he cuts to the chase?)

A few plans for the rest of the week: making pies, getting as much done ahead of time for Thanksgiving, doing some cleaning, hopefully some sewing/knitting, and looking forward BIG TIME to my oldest returning home!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...(add your picture here)



For guidelines in participating in the Simple Woman's Daybook, visit Peggy on her blog here: http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments: