Monday, December 28, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY December 28th....

Outside my window... It is a grayish, wintry day, with friendly little snowflakes in the air.

I am thinking... that vacation time goes by too quickly!

I am thankful for... a week of rest with my hubby home from work.

I am wearing... my pj's and bathrobe and new slippers, and have no plans to change in the near future. :D

I am remembering... how when I was a kid how long a week of vacation seemed, and now it seems too short!

I am going... out for lunch with the family tomorrow for my Mom's and my birthday.

I am currently reading... Jack and Jill by Louisa May Alcott thru Dailylit. I'm going to finish that this week!

I am hoping... to get reengerized this week from a total burnout from the several weeks of burning the ol' candle at both ends for Christmas.

On my mind... wondering if I can conjure up enough energy to do my nails today.

Noticing that... The sun is peeking out from time to time making everything shine brilliantly.

Pondering these words... " Prayer does not fit us for the greater works; prayer IS the greater work." ~ Oswald Chambers

From the kitchen... Nothing right now, but later some homemade stew!

Around the house... Maybe some laundry today, but basically we are having a very easy and lazy day.

One of my favorite things... Early morning quiet with my Bible and the first cup of coffee, woodstove going, and a fresh blanket of snow on the ground.

From my picture journal...

Winter surfing in Maine... Brrr!

No comments: