Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas Projects in Review

Whew! Now that that holiday rush is over, I can finally post some of the finished products of my mad knitting/sewing spree between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Amidst all the crafting we did do a little special baking. I posted before about the candy making, but we also made some sugar cookies and gingerbread men on various days.





I made a ton of these fun potholders: (they make great little gifts!)



here are some of the dishcloths I knitted, with some help from Esther:



I made little throw pillows for the girls:



I made fleece socks for all the kids (except Isaac):



Each of the twins made one of these earlier this year:



I forgot to get a pic of the boy's pj's I made before they put them away. They are now in use and the boys are enjoying them very much. I love it when JoAnn's has the flannel on sale wicked cheap!

One of my favorite projects was this quilt for a neice. I call it "Peekaboo Nine Patch". I used the disappearing nine patch technique. It was fun, easy, and very quick! I highly recommend it!

Front:



Back (I LOVE piecing backs! It adds such a touch of uniqueness to the quilt):



Isaac had his fair share of fun helping Daddy unwrap gifts, and playing with the wrap and boxes.



It was so nice to have my mom here for the festivities!



She gave a family gift. One that will yield many, many hours of family fun!



Happy Holidays from the Beehive! I hope you all have had a wonderful holiday.

Blessings!

No comments: