Monday, December 7, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook




For Today, December 7th (!!!!!! I still can't believe it is December!)...

Outside my window... A little leftover snow from yesterday, and a little sun, and now a lot of overcast skies.

I am thinking... December needs to be twice as long as it is.

I am thankful for... our woodstove, farm fresh eggs, and wholesome, plain living.

From the learning rooms... We are starting a study about ginger and cinnamon. Gingerbread cookie making later this week!

From the kitchen... Split pea and ham soup a-cookin'!

I am wearing... My broomstick autumn mulitcolored skirt and matching shirt.

I am creating... Christmas surprises!

I am going... To the library this week, sooner rather than later, I hope!

I am reading... Jack and Jill by Louisa May Alcott... seriously, I AM going to finish that this week!

I am hoping... to get through the rest of the day with some time to sew.

I am hearing... Christmas music, children talking with each other softly, and Isaac fighting off a nap.

Around the house... We need to finish up the Christmas decorating.

One of my favorite things... Knowing friends love and pray for you.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Library, giving piano lessons, lots of music practice with our kids, and lots of crafting going on.. knitting, sewing, and making Christmas cards.

On my mind.... So many different thoughts... Isaac will be 1 soon, and on Christmas it will be 2 years since we lost Aaron. On a more practical note, so many items on my "to do" list it makes my head spin!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...



If you want to participate in the Simple Woman's Daybook, visit Peggy's blog for the instructions and guidelines.

No comments: