Monday, April 20, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook for Today



FOR TODAY April 20, 2009....

Outside my window... Rainy and gray. We need the rain!

I am thinking... About the day ahead and what we need to get done.

I am thankful for... my wonderful husband.

From the learning rooms... Working on U.S. Constitution and Astronomy lapbooks, and getting organized for the end of the year. Also, my children put out their third edition of their newsletter for our family. We are enjoying that!

From the kitchen... Not much going on in there today. Baking is caught up for the moment, and we just finished breakfast. There is the lingering aroma of coffee, making a homey "smell" to the house.

I am wearing... oops, you caught me in my pj's and bathrobe.

I am creating... Dresses for the girls, a laprobe to donate to our Fibers of Faith group, someday if I EVER finish it! LOL

I am going...with dh and the children to calling hours tonight for a godly lady we knew that passed away. Saturday we are going shoe shopping for a couple of the kids that have outgrown their church shoes and mentioned it Sunday that the shoes hurt their feet! Yay, thrift store shopping!

I am reading... in Psalms still, and loving it. I am listening to "The Road" on CD when I go for a walk or need to veg out. It is really good!

I am hoping... To get some sewing/quilting done. It's a good day to curl up with it!

I am hearing... the twins whispering together in good sisterly fashion behind me while they start their chores. They crack me up!

Around the house... Many spring cleaning projects to be done inside and out, but for today, we are on a tight schedule for school and regular household duties as we will have to leave as soon as Dh gets ready after he gets home.

One of my favorite things... Spending a lazy Sunday afternoon between services just reading and relaxing.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Finish the set of dresses for the twins, start slips for them, work on hand quilting and knitting, and do at least one spring cleaning project.

Here is picture thought I am sharing:



If you want to participate in the Simple Womans Daybook go to The Simple Woman's blog for the guidelines.

No comments: