Monday, April 13, 2009

Back!

We are back after a busy busy week of schooling, getting ready for our guests, and having our annual missions conference. It has been a wicked busy, but wonderfully refreshing week for us. Our speaker was Tyler Masters. He and his wife Gretchen, and so cute 18 month old daughter, Norah, were a huge blessing to us. There was good preaching every night, and good fellowship as well. You can always tell when you hit it off with the missionary family when you aren't getting enough sleep because of talking too late into the night!

While Brother Masters did all the preaching, our family did all the music. The kids did a fantastic job! They really worked hard, and I am one proud Mama of how well they handled the busyness and pressure of being "on" all the time. I should have thought to do some video clips, but wasn't that clever. We had several family songs, and a couple of flute/recorder duets (Elizabeth and I), and Benjamin, Esther, and Josiah all played offeratories, and Dale sung a solo. We basically had to specials per night, along with all the congregational singing, so it added up to lots of music, which Dale really likes for several reasons, but that is another thread for another time.

As is our custom, we made a trip down to the Science Center with our guests. The outdoor area wasn't open the last time we went, but is was this time. They had a a couple new features, that replaced a couple of old ones, but it was all still so fun!















Brother Masters was such a good sport in playing game after mind numbing game of chess with Benjamin. He said he enjoyed bored games... um, er.. board games, rather. We like most board games too, for the record. Chess just drives me batty. I can never keep straight the different moves, and the exceptions to the moving rules, Oiy vey!



Here I was trying to get Norah to grin at the camera, but she was still not happy with Mama and Daddy leaving her with this weirdo lady while they were elsewhere in the house. She did eventually warm up to me.






FOR TODAY April 13th, 2009

Outside my window... Sunshine! But it is chilly. Was only in the mid-20's when I first got up.

I am thinking... How refreshing the missions conference was!

I am thankful for... The time spent in making new friends.

From the learning rooms... We are taking today off. I need to get organized for this week in the home and for their schoolwork, and I have some grading to catch up on.

From the kitchen... I will be starting some ham soup in a little bit, and the girls will be making some bread.

I am wearing... Ack... caught me in my pj's and bathrobe! LOL

I am creating... Dresses for the girls, and a knitted laprobe for our Fibers of Faith group.

I am going... For a walk later, I hope!

I am reading... in the Psalms.. my favorite book in the Bible.

I am hoping... today will be relaxed, but that we can do a few little chores around the house.

I am hearing... General soft chatter from the children, the washer running, and soft music in the background.

Around the house... Catching up on some laundry folding, washing several loads of laundry, general picking up, menu planning, school work planning, and grocery list making for the week, then I get to sew!

One of my favorite things... A nice relaxing cup of coffee or tea, snuggled up with a book.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Basically just working on the spring/summer sewing list and going about our usual chores, schoolwork, etc. We also need to work on some new music.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...



(This pic makes me remember that spending time with Isaac is a wonderful priority, and a privilege, and that I am allowed to enjoy it and not feel guilty about anything else that isn't getting done.)

No comments: