Friday, April 24, 2009

End of Another Week

Where did the week go? It seems to me it has been an usually busy week for us, but for the life of me, I can't put my finger on what exactly caused it.

Today was a gorgeous spring day. In the mid 70's, dry, and sunny. I crammed my laundry lines full of clothes and blankets and towels that I washed. Tomorrow is supposed to be a repeat of today, but about 10 degrees warmer! Mid 80's or more? In April? Whoa... break out the sprinkler and squirt guns!

We had an easy day of school, as usual for us on a Friday. By the end of the week we are ready for an easy day. For Art we are doing a study on portrait drawing. Each week we learn about drawing a new feature. I have been using this site for the basics.

We are also in the midst of doing two lapbooks. One on Astronomy, to finish up our unit study in that subject, and one on the U.S. Constitution. It started out as a Unit study for Patriot's Day. Okay, who knows when that is? or was? You didn't know you would get a pop quiz, did you? We did a lap book on the Boston Tea Party, that went into the U.S. Constitution. We read a biography on Paul Revere, and also read True to the Old Flag by G.A. Henty, and Johnny Tremain.

After these the two lap books are finished, I don't think we'll do any more for this term, though I was toying with one about gardening. We are almost done with our school year, so we'll probably just finish up what we are doing, including reviews for the end of the school year recital.

After chores and schoolwork was done today, I intended on sewing, but it was TOO nice out! After Dh got home from work Esther and I went for a nice long walk while supper finished cooking. We had tater tot casserole tonight with peas, and a salad. When I was done eating I made the announcement that as soon as everyone was finished we would go back outside and play kick ball until dark. All of a sudden everyone got very intent on eating. So, we went out, and I sent Benjamin over to invite the neighbor kids who were playing in their yard, to join us. We actually ended up over there for a while, but then migrated to our yard for a kickball game until it was way too dark to see.

As we came in I ran the children through the shower, and we got them in bed after family devotions. Dale helped me with the kitchen clean up. He volunteered to wash the supper dishes. What a guy! We kind of just left everything where it was when we went running out to play after supper. That's okay. It was a fun filled evening. Now it is time to feed Isaac for his nite-nite time, and then I will get comfy too.

Blessings!

No comments: