Monday, November 24, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ November 24th



FOR TODAY...
Outside my window... Some snow, cloudy skies, but warmer temperatures that it was over the weekend.

I am thinking... That I have more to do in four weeks than I will be able to do and will have to seriously prioritize.

I am thankful for... God's provision and love towards us.

From the learning rooms... We have a shortened week this week. We will be finishing our Thanksgiving costumes, doing more reading on Lewis and Clark, Math, English, Bible reading, Pilgrim reading, and the Thanksgiving packets I printed up last week.

From the kitchen... Today is RCO night.. Refrigerator Clean Out night for supper. Tomorrow we'll be making whole wheat bread, and banana bread. Wednesday I'll make dinner rolls and cabbage salad for Thursday.

I am wearing... tan maternity skirt, hunter green tunic with embroidery around the neckline, socks and my slippers.

I am creating... a jumper for me that matches the girls' church dresses.

I am going... to our Fibers of Faith meeting tonight at church, and tomorrow a few of us have eye appointments.

I am reading... The Friday Night Knitter's Club that my grandmother recommended.

I am hoping... That we can get the downstairs cleaned up and old furniture taken to the thrift shop before Wednesday.

I am hearing...beautiful music from Abiding Radio.

Around the house... Lots of laundry today, schoolwork, starting the cleaning process, making up the grocery list, sewing, and music practice.

One of my favorite things... Going downstairs to tend the woodstove, and knowing that we will be warm and cozy this winter, also, curling up in my bed at night with a good book under our warm quilts.

A few plans for the rest of the week:Getting ready for Thanksgiving and company, Tuesday eye appointments, Wednesday morning giving piano lessons, and Lord willing doing some sewing at some point. I would really like to be quilting but the Christmas sewing pile needs to come first. :)

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

No comments: