Monday, November 10, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook~ November 10


For Today...

Outside my window...Is a typical NY rotation of flurries, then sunshine. Nice thing about where we live if you don't like the weather just wait about 10 minutes and it will change!

I am thinking...about what to put in the freezer this week for after the baby's birth, and what nesting type cleaning I would like to get done.

From the learning rooms...We are starting a Thanksgiving Unit study this week, which I am very enthusiastic about, and looking forward to jumping into it!

I am thankful for...my cozy bedroom where I like to curl up at night and read before going to sleep.

I am wearing...light tan maternity skirt, and a bohemian style type tunic with cranberry lace trim.

From the kitchen...Oatmeal and applesauce, and needing to make up this week's menu! I think we will do leftovers for supper tonight to get the fridge cleaned out.

I am reading...Thanksgiving is on Thursday to the kids out loud as part of our unit study.

I am hoping...that I will have lots of sewing time this afternoon and evening

I am creating...matching church dresses for the girls, and trying to find time to secretly make some Christmas gifts for the kids.

Around the house...unfortunately not as peaceful I as I like things to be in the morning, but it is okay. Aside from some minor infractions, some chores are getting done, and then we'll be starting our out loud Bible reading and prayer time, then jumping into our new Unit study.

One of my favorite things...Quilting on a chilly afternoon, feeling all warm and cozy, and thankful for the Lord's provision.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Tuesday is piano lessons and tutoring, and I need to get over to the church at some point to set up and decorate for our Harvest Dinner on Saturday.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

No comments: