Saturday, November 22, 2008

A Nice Hot Bath Would Be Perfect Right Now



... if I could only get up out of one! LOL

Yesterday we trekked up to my MIL's again. Dale's oldest sister and her family were out visiting from Ohio, well most of them. The two oldest were unable to come out because of work. We haven't seen any of them in three years! It has been too long. It was a joy to see them all again, despite the fact that several of my nephew tower over me now! I am glad she still has a couple that are still shorter. :) I cannot believe how much they have all grown up over the last three years.

Of course the visit ran later than we had planned. We left around 10:30pm, but then found we had to drive quite cautiously because of some snow squalls along the way. We made it in safely around 1 a.m. The children were all in bed and fast asleep by 1:30 and Dale and I weren't but a few minutes behind them.

This morning I woke up to hearing the coffee pot doing its thing, and Dale's side of the bed empty. I was thinking "WHAT is he doing up so early?" Then I turned over and looked at the clock. It was 9:30 a.m.! YIKES! The house was so quiet! Apparently all the gremlins were still asleep, which they did until about 10 a.m. We had a very, very, late breakfast, then did a little cleaning and puttering, and laundry. Then a somewhat late lunch, and then I had piano lessons to do, and Esther had a tutoring session. The family we exchange these talents with stayed for supper as well, upon my invitation. I made chicken enchiladas, a very large batch. Some went in the freezer for future. My twins and her daughter made an apple crisp while we rolled the enchiladas for supper. Her husband, who was at work, missed out so I sent a plate of food home for him too. It was nice to just fellowship and enjoy the time.

I have been keeping a list of what is in the freezer for after the baby is born, and things are stacking up! I have a few more main dishes to do, and some special baking. I probably won't get much done this week with company coming in for Thanksgiving, but after Thanksgiving is over, there will be a couple major cooking sprees, applesauce getting done, and hopefully a good sewing spree to finish up what I need to do for Christmas and before baby's birth.

Right now I am sore and tired, and will be glad to get the kids to bed, get a shower, and snuggle up in our warm bed with a book. I am sitting here in our warm, cozy house, sweating from ironing and doing some chores. I had no idea it was in the single digits outside until Benjamin just happened to look at the thermometer. Wow! I am so thankful for our wood heat!

No comments: