Saturday, April 12, 2008

Slowing Things Down for Today

We did a bunch of regular cleaning this morning, and then after lunch I went over to church to practice for a while. Well, now I am just taking it easy and resting. I just felt like I needed some regrouping time today. I have been pushing and pushing for the last several weeks and decided that when you are making lunch and crying your eyes out, it is time to take a break. Aren't I a genius? ( NOT!)

It is in the middle 60's here today and very clouzy out. The thunder and lightening storm last night was our first for the season, and didn't last very long. It is supposedly cooling off some tonight and over the next few days so we will probably have to start up the woodstove again. We let it die out last week because we just didn't need it. The body heat from all the children and baking or cooking was enough for the thermostat in the front room park around 68 to 72 on a daily basis. It did cool off a bit overnight, but never enough for our furnace to trip on. We have that as a back up in case the wood supply gives out or it gets too cold in the house.

I was planning on getting a couple hours of sewing in today, but it will be the Monday, and I know I will be more productive after a good rest this weekend. I can rest about half a day today, and about half tomorrow. That works for me! So, the only thing on my agenda right now is finishing this up and working on some cross stitch. Oh, could you pass the bonbons please?

No comments: