Saturday, April 26, 2008

Hair, Flowers, and the Garden

I love playing with the girls' hair. I don't know how anyone can say long hair is frumpy or boring. Here are a few of the styles we love to do around here: (They are much easier than they look! And they are excellent for keeping hair back out of their faces):




Recently my mother bought us one of those old fasioned oilclothes for our table. I have been wanting one forever, and she suprised me by ordering it. I found some pretty silk flowers I had in storage and did the following arrangement:



Of course with spring, there is the garden planning and plowing. Our good neighbor does the plowing for us. Here is the result of his thoughtfulness:



You can't really see it in the picture, but our fruit trees that we planted last year are budding nicely. We won't get fruit off them this year, *maybe* next year. We planted some blueberry bushes too this year, but I'll post a pic later of those.

No comments: