Wednesday, April 16, 2008

First Time This Season

Oh yes! Ihung out laundry for the first time this year! Woohoo! Now, that must be a sure sign of cabin fever-- getting excited about that. In fact, this morning I was waiting with bated breath for the washer to stop just so I could stuff on the lines. Ahhhh... tomorrow and Friday look like more of the same, only a few degrees warmer.

Makes me think of some spring cleaning. Here is what projects and cleaning I would like to see done this season:
-Plant the vegetable garden
-Plant a memorial garden
-sewing, sewing, and more sewing (you don't want to see THAT list!)
-Wash curtains
-Wash windows
-Go through all the clothes in storage and in use
-Sort and get rid of a bunch of the stuff in the basement
-Finish Dale's office (it is almost done.. but not quite)
-Plant the blueberry bushes (that is actually on the list for tomorrow)
-Put up the tetherball set

That is all I can think of for now. We'll see how much we really get done. We ordered some new school books for next term today too, so I'll all that to organize once we are done with what we have. I am seriously thinking about having the children do a few things during the summer. Like my mom pointed out, usually by July they are looking for things to do. I'll be glad to help them out with that. :)

Made a little progress on the girls' pinafore dresses. I made a small mistake with the lace collars yesterday that I had to fix today, so that ate up some time. Overall, I like how they are coming together. Maybe these won't be too bad to do afterall.

No comments: