Monday, April 14, 2008

Monday Madness

Yesterday was the usual.. church, rest in the afternoon, then church in the evening again. I almost didn't make it to the evening service. I was feel particularly emotional and edgy and experiencing something like sensory overload. At the last minute I went over and played piano and sat through service. I played with a 'tude, I thought, but after a couple of the ladies complimented my playing. Go figure.

Today was more of the same with the usual Monday craziness thrown in. Mondays are a high organizational day. I do the menu for the week, the shopping list, a major pile of laundry, and a bunch of printing up and planning for the week's schooling. Some weeks there is more to do than others, but there is always some. I have tried to do some of it on Saturdays, but obviously, that doesn't always work out. All this organizing and planning ahead a bit is helpful later, but very taxing on the brain and I feel like I spend the first half the day being pulled in at least 6 different directions.

I planned a somewhat lighter day for school today, and that seemed to help my end of things at least. I still didn't accomplish everything I wanted to do, but so what? I would have done more after supper, but I was encouraged by Dale (who was correctly reading my tension level as "high") to call it day and rest and relax for the evening. I have to say, I didn't put up any fuss over it. To tell the truth, I have been looking forward to this time all day. I am so mentally disjointed, and an emotional time bomb right now.

I was reading in a little booklet a kind hearted friend sent me. It has several uplifting poems in it. Here is the beginning two stanzas of one that particularly blessed me.

THE HAND OF THE HEAVENLY HOST
By: Catherine Janssen

"When broken dreams had brought me down so humbly on my knees,
I gathered all the faith it took to calm my troubled seas.

When hope seemed lost, it would return just when I'd need it most,
And I knew from whence it came- the hand of the Heavenly Host."

I was reading from The Valley of Vision this morning. I read several of the prayers in effort to calm my turbulent emotions. One line read:
"Thou hast given me the ordinance of song as a means of grace..." That is what I have felt like since the Lord returned my joy in music. When I sit and have time to just play and enjoy it, I can feel the encouragement, and grace of the Lord. What a blessing that is.

I never did get a chance to play at all today, but maybe, in light of my dark mood, I should have just dropped everything and played until I felt better. I didn't, and won't now, but I will certainly make time tomorrow. I have a violin piece and a special piano piece I am working on. Not to mention the hundreds of hymns that are available to play and experiment with in the hymnal.

No comments: