Friday, February 1, 2008

Friday's Musings

Friday is one of my favorite days of the week. It means Dale is home from work the next day, even though he goes out soul winning for a couple hours in the morning. Friday's are also an easier day for us as far as homeschooling goes. Well, usually. Sometimes it ends up being a day that some odds and ends get put off until, like that extra room in the house that is the "catch all" room. Today we did Penmanship, Art, Music, Math, English, Readers, Phonics (2nd grade), Home Ec, Bible reading, Read-Aloud time, Spelling quiz, and recitation of memory verses. That looks like a lot more than it really is, so don't be impressed. The quiz only takes about 5 minutes, and the memory verse recitation doesn't take long, unless they haven't learned their verses yet, then they have to study and memorize until they can say it confidently to me.

I made meatloaf in the crock pot. Never did that before.. usually just throw it in the oven. But, it came out quite yummy, and I consider it a successful experiment. We had mashed potatoes and green beans as side dishes.

I went through our normal routines with more ease outwardly. Inwardly I feel just, I don't know.. empty. Not "calm" or peaceful... just empty. I can't say I don't have any emotion at all, because my temper seems to fire up quickly enough, especially in the evenings. But I feel like I am just going through the motions when doing anything. I have this detactched type feeling. And always that heart-heaviness. I feel no enthusiasm for anything I am doing. Even the thought of vacation that I was happy about yesterday, now I feel nothing about it. If we go, that is fine. If we don't, then that is fine.

Tomorrow my friend Lori is coming over and we are having a quilting day together. At first we were going to have it over at the church basement where there was more room and no kids running to and fro. But as I got thinking about it, I realized I didn't really want to leave the house to do this. So after talking this morning, Lori realized that, and very understandingly said it was fine to have it here at the house, and said she understood about the "safety zone" type thing. Everyone needs a friend like her! Not only that, her dh is coming over around supper time, and she is making supper for us all. And believe me, she is a good cook! Dale will be gone in the morning, but after lunch he is in charge of the kids and we can do some serious quilting stuff. We decided since we both have so many UFO's, that we would just pick one to work on. In the future we will work on a small project together.

No comments: