Sunday, February 10, 2008

Prayer requests,Praise reports, & Misc. Mumbojumbo

Please pray for Amy (RaisingArrows) and her family. I got word today through a friend on the MOMYS digest that her baby (7 months old, I think)died. I don't know all the circumstances other than there were some health issues before, but I know she must be hurting something terrible right now.

Also, please pray for us as we travel over the next couple weeks. We are going on a family vacation. It all came together rather suddenly when dh got on his temporary lay off. Pray for safety as we travel. We will be going up north to Maine. Yes, we are crazy.. we go to the beach in the winter. :) We will also be going to Mass. to visit family for several days. We had considered going south to SC, but sorry Mel and Paul, that just wasn't going to work this time. ;)

Praises:
Yesterday we were going about the flurry of trying to get packed as much as we could. We had laundry and folding and packing and bread baking and organizing and phone calling whirling around like a tordado of activity. At one point I was doing some dishes. My hands were in the water and all of a sudden I realized, just for that one moment, I was doing something normal and it FELT normal.. not strange or out of place, or otherworldly... but it was normal. And I thought that times like that is when I love my job of being a mother and a wife. That moment did pass a little bit later and I had more of the "strange" feeling even amidst the activity. But that one moment I had while doing dishes was the first in a long time.

Also, it was brought to my attention by my dear brother in a recent email, that perhaps I have not mentioned enough about what God is doing in our lives. I am a firm believer in having daily time with the Lord. Since Aaron's death I have trouble concentrating on things. So many of my perceptions and thoughts and ability to cope have changed. But, even though I have trouble concentrating, I still find my rest in the Lord. I may not be able to read as much, or as deeply as I did before right now, but I am still fed. Here are some verses that have been a blessing to me lately, and have spoken to my heart:

Psalm 43:2-5 "For thou art the God of my strenght: why dost thou cast me off? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy? O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacle. Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God, my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God. Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God."

Psalm 62: 5-8 "My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah."

Psalm 51:17 " The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise."

I was thinking about that last verse. I talked about the prayers of a christian being a sweet savor to the Lord. Sweet savors are pleasant, to be sure. But think about sacrifices. A sacrifice is precious, and of immeasurable value. My broken heart is a sacrifice to the Lord. He will honor that, and it is invaluable to Him. Dwell on that, and meditate on that for a while! I hope it warms your soul as much as it has mine.

No comments: