Monday, August 18, 2008

Trying to set a reasonable pace



As we start our second week of school, I am implementing a new and improved school schedule. I spent a couple hours at the computer refining what I would like our days to look like, generally speaking. It went smoothly enough, and I think, Lord willing, it will be fine.

I can never tackle Monday's pile of laundry without thinking of the Little House on the Prairie books, and how Laura described the work week. I can't help but wonder how in the world did women manage to do laundry only one day a week? I do a minimum two loads per DAY! Maybe it was the fact they had to wash everything by hand.. too bad if its dirty, washday isn't for another 6 days! Or maybe it was because they didn't have our over abundance of clothing. Maybe they wore things more than once, which makes me cringe when I think of what my kids many times look like after playing outside. Although, in the winter, I have to say, we've been known to wear outer layers more than once before a washing.

At any rate, none of that has anything to do with anything, it was just some pondering. I was tired by the end of the day today, but not overly so. In the last several days I have had a couple of boohoo break downs, brought on by fatigue I think. My dh says so anyway. ;) I should have planned school so we had a week's break between VBS and the start of the term, but I didn't. I didn't even think of it, to tell the truth. Last week was very tiring. So far, this week seems to be going better, thank the Lord. I'm learning to pace myself.

Among the schooling and chores and child training, I managed to work 15 minutes in the basement, finished attaching the tag to the back of the quilt, sandwiched and basted the next baby quilt. Laundry was done and folded and put away by a decent hour, and the children were done with school and chores by around 4pm, and were able to spend time outside playing. Supper was in the crock pot, so that wasn't hard to get around when dh got home from work and running errands. I wish everyday could be like this! The only fly in the ointment, so to speak, was the children seemed off the wall today! Not sure why, or what for, but they were just seemingly out of control. Maybe there is supposed to be a full moon tonight.

Okay, enough rambling for now. Time for this tired Mama to get into bed.

No comments: