Saturday, August 16, 2008

Sweet Slumber


Ecc 5:12 " The sleep of a laboring man is sweet, whether he eat little or much: but the abundance of the rich will not suffer him to sleep."

Amen and amen.

We were busy today! Piano lessons, yardwork, laundry, some cleaning, ironing, orginizational stuff for school next week, etc. There was nothing remarkable but as I was finishing up my last task after supper (yummy homemade pizza, thanks to Chef Benjamin ) all I could think of was "I am SO tired!". I am looking forward to getting a shower and reading before family devotions and bedtime.

But it isn't a bad thing, really. Have you ever noticed how much better you sleep after a good day's work? Yes you are physically tired, but I think part of it is peace of mind from satifaction of diligence in what God has given us to do. Thus the "sleep of a laboring man is sweet...".

Thank you Lord for times of work, and times of rest!

No comments: