Tuesday, August 19, 2008

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!



Ahhh... cooler, dryer air! C'mon fall! I love these end of the summer days when the air becomes more compatable with lung function. Yesterday was in the high 80's and soooo humid. I actually turned on the AC's, and was very thankful for them. Today was in the low 70's, and nice and dry. It was a beautiful day!

We took advantage of the cooler temps and caught up on some baking. Between the girls and Benjamin and I, we made:
~ A double batch of bread
~ A quadrouple batch of banana muffins
~ A double batch of chocolate chip cookies

The odors in the house all day were a constant tease, especially for the scholars, who do their work at the kitchen table!

This evening after supper Elizabeth and I went for a little walk. We collected some wildflowers to bring home. We listened to the birds singing, and the cows at a farm near us lowing over their hay. My they were loud tonight! It was the first time I have been on a walk in a very long time. I decided to start walking to help build up my stamina, and of course, for other health reasons. I am still lacking from my pregnancy, birth, and trauma after Aaron.

I didn't get any sewing done today, as it was a very Mama-Hands-On type of day with this child or that one. Like my dh has pointed out to me, sometimes all our plans have to go on hold for the higher calling of just being a parent. Amen to that!

No comments: