Wednesday, June 18, 2008

12 Weeks!

Actually, I am almost 13 weeks. The first trimester is over, yay! However, my all day sickness is not. I usually go almost 16 weeks with it, though the last couple weeks are much easier.

I am feeling frustrated today as I am seeing all manner of jobs that need to be done around the house that I can't do yet. The ironing pile is huge, I need to catch up on some folding, the mending pile is growing, the sewing list is impressive, and I haven't been able to touch it, the garden needs attention, the basement needs cleaning, the list goes on and on. I have the desire to do things, just not the "toomph" to do it. I have some projects I want to start, and I want to get school stuff organized for the next term, and I still have to finish quarterly reports and send in the IHIP form, but I can't even get caught up on the basics, nevermind anything else. The children do help, which is probably why anything gets done, but they can't do everything.

I am also finding that grieving and pregnancy can go hand in hand. I've had a few bouts of the "boohoo's" but nothing bad. Just a nice release, really. We are still waiting on Aaron's headstone. I don't expect it to be done for another couple weeks.

As far as herbals and supplements I am taking wild yam root, 3 tablets, 3 times a day. It is supposed to help with the nausea, which it does. At least I can keep food down. I am also taking a multivitamin, and a vitamin B supplement, and one baby aspirin a day.

I can't drink just plain water right now, but when I can, it will be with chlorophyll in it. I will also start some pregnancy tea that has red raspberry and nettles, amongst other healthful things in it.

I have my next appoint a week from Friday with the midwife. I will be about 14 weeks then, and hopefully we'll be able to hear the heartbeat!

Last weekend we went to a Home Birth picnic and met lots of other homebirthers in the area. It is nice to know that we aren't weird or bizarre with our desire for homebirths. We could only stay a couple hours, but I was glad that we made the effort to go.

No comments: