Friday, February 17, 2012

Knitting and Reading

Well, I'm a couple of days behind on this post as it was supposed to be up Wednesday. *blush*. Sorry about that!

For knitting I took a very small break from Josiah's socks to work on a charity block. I'm in a group on Ravelry called "Proverbs 31" and the moderator started a "block party". We are to make as many, or few 6" blocks to send in by March 3rd. So far I've gotten one done. I have another casted on and ready to do, and then it is back to Josiah's socks. Actually, since I have over a week for the second block, I'll probably work some on Josiah's socks, so he won't get nervous about me never finishing them, and when I am tired and need mindless knitting, work on the charity block. The first block is an easy triangle motif. The second one I am working is a basketweave stitch. I wish I had one of those old Knitting Stitch Encyclopedia type books from the last generation. I'm definitely going to scour the thrift stores and yard sales this year for one! These blocks are fantastic for trying out new stitch patterns.



I'm still slowly making my way through "Organized Simplicity". It isn't hard reading, but I like to take time to absorb the ideas.

I'm also reading, mostly during my work out times at the gym, "The Covered Wagon" by Emerson Hough. So far I like it well enough. If you like frontier fiction, you'll like this.



I should mention that "The Covered Wagon" is a freebie on the Kindle, in case anyone wanted to know. :)

No comments: