Monday, April 19, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY April 19th....

Outside my window... Sunshine and cooler temperatures, thankfully!

I am thinking... Isaac has another tooth coming in, evidenced by a very late night last night.

I am thankful for... coffee

From the learning rooms... we need to settle on some books for end of the year book reports we are doing, and the other subjects are slowly petering out more and more each week.

From the kitchen... bread making lesson for Josiah, and I need to find something clever to do with leftover ham for supper, and the usual menu planning for the week.

I am wearing... black denim skirt, laramie red t-shirt, slippers. :D

I am creating... a quilt, and another quilt, and another quilt and dreaming of future quilts......

I am going... to a baby shower this coming weekend!

I am reading... John Adams by David McCullough, and An Old Fashioned Girl by Louisa May Alcott (thru DailyLit.com).

I am hoping... to get more quilting done than I think I am going to today.

I am hearing... a lot of quietness right now, which means the washer is done and I need to go out and hang the laundry.

Around the house... the usual...laundry, picking up, schoolwork, etc.

One of my favorite things... Cool, crisp early spring air.

A few plans for the rest of the week: today we are cleaning out the old stakes and some onions we missed last fall from the garden as it will be plowed, hopefully tomorrow. All my spare time other than will be quilting like crazy.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing... This pic is from September, 2006. I can't believe how little Benjamin and Jerusha look! Hey Grandma and Grandpa, remember this pic in CT?




For guidelines for the Simple Woman's daybook go to: http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments: