Sunday, January 15, 2012

Baby It's Cold Outside!

Winter weather... Finally!

We have 3 to 4 inches of snow, that is sticking, and staying around. Last night it got down well under zero. This is our front door, from the INSIDE of our little entryway before entering the house. I took this shortly after noon. Yes, that is a layer of ice.



I like to "air" our room for a few minutes everyday in the winter. Get some nice fresh air, albeit cold, in and the old air out. I don't leave the window open for more than 15 minutes on days like today, but I couldn't even open it because the condensation froze over night, and the window is stuck for now.

The sun was out first thing this morning and the snow looked like sparkling crystal. Walking over to church, I was very satisfied with the "crunch" snow makes when the temperatures hit frigid levels. True, the temperature had risen to a balmy 18 degrees by then, and I walked with just a light sweater and felt fine. However, I'll not complain about this weather. Ever. This New England bred gal loves it. I have been waiting for this type of weather for a long time, and I intend to enjoy it!

Have a blessed day!

No comments: