Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Sewing Pile

I finally jumped in on my sewing pile with a vengeance... well as much as one can with homeschooling, a baby, a kitten, and trying to keep the last two separate!

Jerusha's long-ago promised quilt is coming along. Today I pieced the backing, sandwiched, and basted it. Yes, I use pin basting a lot. I can't help it: I'm a lazy baster. I love making quilts, but basting is my least favorite part, so I like to use basting pins to speed up the process.



I didn't intend for this quilt to be so big. It was supposed to be twins sized. It is about 82 by 73, which is rather large for a twin. I would say more of "full" sized. It just kept growing on me!

Here is one of my favorite blocks. I love how the tone on tone burgundy and paisley work together:



I also like this block. The blue in the "solid" perfectly matching the blue in the flowers in between the stripes.



I also made two skirts for my friend's daughter this week. Well, they aren't finished, but I need the elastic she got for them. I won't be seeing her until Friday for piano lessons, so it'll have to be put on hold until then. I'll put up pics when then are really done. :)

Up next... quilting the quilt and cutting out our matching jumpers.

No comments: