Monday, August 17, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY August 17th...

Outside my window... The fog is almost all burned off for what is going to be another very hot and humid day.

I am thinking... August is half over.. yay! (August is usually our most hot and humid month).

I am thankful for... The coolness of our basement. We'll probably do school down there today.

From the learning rooms... We are starting our second week of school, and with it our new read aloud book, "Island of the Blue Dolphins".

From the kitchen... Elizabeth is making bread, and Esther is washing breakfast dishes.

I am wearing... Denim pleated culottes, and a pink t-shirt.

I am creating... my To Do list for today, and a general list of what I would like to get done this week.

I am going... Outside to hang laundry soon! ;P

I am reading...The book of Matthew, and still listening to "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" on CD. I would get done with it a lot faster if I wouldn't keep falling asleep while listening to it!

I am hoping... To grow in grace this week.

I am hearing... The early morning bug and bird sounds.

Around the house... The bathrooms need to be cleaned, and the garden produce needs picking. So far we have a few zucchini in this morning, a bucket of beans, more being picked, and the tomatoes, peppers and broccoli need going over.

One of my favorite things... Enjoying the cool overnight air after a hot day.

A few plans for the rest of the week: sewing Jerusha's quilt, boys' haircuts, mowing the lawn, and knitting on the baby surprise jacket I am making for Isaac.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


MMMMMM! Tastes like chicken!!!

No comments: