Monday, March 9, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY: March 9th, 2009)...

Outside my window...It is a very gray and VERY rainy day.. maybe we should build and arc for schoolwork! :)

I am thinking... that it is going to be a very busy day with Dh back to work after a month off.

I am thankful for... The time we had with dh over the last month and for the unexpected visit from my mom this weekend.

From the learning rooms... We are starting a new unit study on Patriots Day

From the kitchen... Bread raising to be baked, and I need to take some venison out of the freezer for the crock pot tomorrow.

I am wearing... My brown 3 tiered skirt, and a nursing shirt with cows on it. Hardy har har.

I am creating... dresses for the girls, and working on some hand quilting and knitting when I have time here and there.

I am going... to the quilting shop nearby to get more hand quilting needles later this week.

I am reading... in 2 Chronicles in my Bible

I am hoping... to get all the orginizational stuff for the week out of the way today, hopefully before lunch, but it doesn't look good at this point.

I am hearing... The washer's happy hum, the twins getting Isaac to coo and gurgle and almost giggle, and a couple of children doing some schoolwork at the table.

Around the house... Just playing catch up on laundry and straightening up today. Later this week we'll be doing more intenseive cleaning.

One of my favorite things... Curling up with a good, long book in the evenings with my warm pj's on, and under a cozy afghan or quilt, and sipping on tea.

A few plans for the rest of the week: piano lessons, math tutoring, and cleaning the church and setting up the fellowship hall for our monthly church dinner this Sunday. Also, a TON of music to work on for our upcoming mission's conference, and I need to call the music shop and see if my flute is done.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

No comments: