Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Wow... I can't believe a week has passed!

It has been busy here as usual. Schoolwork, chores, laundry, all the everyday stuff keeps us hopping from one thing to the other. We have been doing some special baking too, which included gingerbread men, cut out cookies, and candy cane cookies.



We had fun decorating the Gingerbread men, and eating them too!

Here are some candy cane cookies I made yesterday.. they are fun, taste pepperminty, but are somewhat tedious in construction.


And last but not least, the TREE!!! We had fun decorating it. Dh said that it looks like Charlie Brown helped him pick it out. He and one of the twins, Elizabeth, went and cut it down last Saturday. I think it is beautiful. :)


We did have something of a modern day convenience strike this week. On Monday, our interenet and phone went down in the afternoon. They got that fixed Tuesday, and no sooner did that get squared away, then the dryer started acting up so we couldn't use it. I am thankful my dh is moderately mechanically minded. He took apart the dryer last night, and found that it was a simple fix.. the bearings needed oiling. We are grateful that it was something we could take care of immediately, without cost. The dryer is only a couple years old, so we were frustrated to be having any difficulties with it. At any rate, it has been humming along peacefully all day.

I spent the evening until VERY late wrapping presents. I'm still not done! Our children's are done, and a few other family members. I still have to do the church family's , plus we are waiting on a couple shipments to come in. Obviously, I can't do those until I have them. If this baby comes on schedule, it could very well be that dh will end up taking over the wrapping department. Fine with me! LOL.

I am hoping to finish up two flannel nursing nightgowns before the baby arrives, but other than that, all is in readiness. We are just waiting now, keeping busy, and trusting in the Lord's timing.

Ya'll have a blessed day!

No comments: