Wednesday, December 12, 2007

NOT Scrooge anymore! Woohoo!

Okay, I finally did a LITTLE decorating. Not a whole lot, but enough to give the illusion that I at least tried. The only other thing I really want to do is get a tree up. Usually Dh and my oldest Ds go out and cut one down to bring home. Anyway, here are some pics of what I have done:



This is the center peice I made. The table cloth is one my grandmother made when she was a young wife, I think about 40 years ago or more. It is totally hand embroidered. Here is a close up of one of the designs:



Here is a patchwork tablecloth I made several years ago. It is on our little work table in the middle of our kitchen.


Last, but certainly not least. Would any Christmas decor be complete without the mistletoe? It is my favorite place to meet up with my dh. :) It is hung in the big doorway between our kitchen in living room. I very purposely put it in a high traffic area. Hehehehehe.


So there we have it... a very moderate decorating spree, but I am happy with it. Like I said, the only other thing I would really want to do is a tree. The children have been asking "when? when?" and I keep deferring them to Daddy. We all look forward to an evening spent together decorating the tree, listening to Christmas music, and eating popcorn.

No comments: