Friday, December 7, 2007

Playing Catch-up

It has been busy here, and I have been very very slow moving, unmotivated, tired, etc. All the good stuff you can expect with less than two weeks to go until the baby is due. I am not sleeping well at night at all, which of course makes the days even worse. With Christmas and the baby's due date upon us here, I feel a little overwhelmed. I haven't even done my usual decorating yet! I feel like such a Scrooge!

Tuesday I had an ultrasound done to make sure the placenta wasn't over my c/s scare. It is about as far away from it as it can get, thankfully. Baby is going to be big, probably between 9 and 10 lbs, I am guessing, but that is normal for us. Baby looks good, I am good, no complaints really. It is just a waiting game at this point.

Dh is almost done with fixing the baby's dresser so we can get all the baby stuff organized instead of just thrown in a basket in our room. We still need to set up the portacrib. I have to say, despite that, even if the baby decided to make an appearance tonight, I wouldn't mind. We do have everything we need, even if it is organized to suit Martha Stewart. I am looking forward to meeting this little blessing of ours. The children are getting more excited every day, it seems. They like to talk to my tummy when they go by, or when they are kissing me goodnight, or whenever it suits them. It is very cute!

My goals tonight are to work on some sewing, then after the children are in bed to work on wrapping some Christmas presents that are hiding in our room. I won't get them all done tonight, but I can make a good dent in it. Thankfully, if I don't get them done before baby arrives, Dh CAN take over, though it isn't his favorite job. ;)

The sewing I have to do is to finish four flannel nightgowns.. two for each of the twins. They aren't for Christmas... just because they need them. I will post some pics when ( and if) I ever get them done. For me to NOT want to sew is sooooo strange. Like my mom said... you'd think I was at the end of a pregnancy or something!

Ya'll have a blessed evening!

No comments: