Monday, December 10, 2007

Hello, My name is Scrooge

I am so ashamed to admit that I have done NOTHING towards decorating for Christmas yet! This is usally a time of year I LOVE to decorate like crazy. Lots of greenery, and bows and the like. I go for the Americana type look. Normally by the first week of December we are decorated, and doing fun crafts and baking and just plain enjoying the season. I even have a cute little light up village I set up on top of the piano with fake snow every year.

Not this year.

What have I done? Well, not a whole lot. No decorating. No tree.. yet. I have gotten about 95% of the shopping done, but hardly any of it is wrapped. Crafts? Nope. Special baking? Not really. We did make some cut out cookies Saturday. I did the cutting out as the children were all busy helping stack wood and stuff. I about killed my back doing it. They are in the freezer now, and we'll decorate them next weekend for our fellowship dinner at church.

Okay, I have had Christmas music playing in the house since the day after Thanksgiving, doesn't that count?

Why haven't I done much? Well, I just haven't had the energy to do it! We certainly will not be decorating full tilt like we normally do, but there are a few easy things I can do. I have a couple of nice holiday tableclothes, centerpieces, and some hangy thingies I can put up easily enough. The wrapping... well, dh can do it if I don't get to it.

Also my focus has been on getting ready for the baby. We have everything we need, but it isn't as organized as I would like. Still, if the baby came tonight, no problem. We have everything we need for the little sweetie and for Mama. It is just a waiting game now.

So, I feel like Scrooge, but not energetic enough to do anything about it. LOL.

Ya'll have a blessed evening!

No comments: