Thursday, December 20, 2007

Great Expectations.. in nursing nightgowns.

Well, these didn't come out exactly as planned. If I had to do them over again, I would make some more adjustments to the patterns I used. However, they are serviceable, and neat, and I am satisfied. Using 45 inch wide isntead of 60 inch made a big difference. If I had to do it over, I would fodl the front in half, then cut it out twice on the grainline, instead of once on the fold, then attach the two halves together to get the full front, with a seam down the front, if that makes any sense. That way, there will be much more fulness for the pleats over the nursing openings. At any rate, I combined an Elizabeth Lee Pattern #104 and See $ Sew B4903. I liked the yoke on the See & Sew better. Oh, something else... if you want "pooofier" sleeves, use the Elizabeth Lee sleeves, not the See and Sew like I did. Anyway, here are my No-Nonsense, No-Frills nursing gowns. :)

No comments: