Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Isaac's BSJ

I guess technically it is a TSJ... Toddler Surprise Jacket. :) I just finished this yesterday. I really enjoy the BSJ pattern, and may try to upsize it for my 10 year old son. The directions I have give the formula for doing that, I just haven't worked up enough courage to tackle the math. It isn't that complicated, but I don't want to make a large sweater only to find it it is way off. Of course, one of the benefits to having a large family is that if it doesn't fit Josiah, it will either fit Caleb or will be ready for Caleb to grow into it.

Speaking of Caleb, I started on a simple vest for him with some wonderful yarn I got from Knit Picks. It is City Tweed, in Jacguard. It is gorgeous to look at and work with. I have plans and yarn to make a matching one for Isaac. I was thinking originally of making one for Josiah too, but the pattern doesn't go up to his size, and I'm not comfortable altering knitting patterns too much yet.

Anyway, here is Isaac's new sweater... all ready to wear!





Also, I finished up another secret project. I can't post about it here, but if you are on Ravelry, you can catch of glimpse of it there.

Left on my "to do" list before the holiday is a ton of wrapping. Have a great day everyone!

2 comments:

Lori said...

I have loved this little sweater from the first time I saw one. I'm going to have to just break down and buy one of the books or the pattern.

Lisa said...

Lori, I highly recommend it! It is an easy pattern, and lots of variations that can be done. It makes for a fantastic baby gift too!